The REST API connector allows you to quickly access data from a huge range of APIs and use the data to create data-driven scenes and objects in Unreal. It supports single URL queries.
- Click the Add Source button in the DS editor window.
- Click the API button.
- Click the REST API button
- In the Name field, enter a reference name for the data source.
- In the Endpoint URL field enter the URL to query the chosen API e.g. https://datausa.io/api/data?drilldowns=Nation&measures=Population
- Optionally you can set the Request Frequency to a custom frequency by ticking the box to activate and then entering a number in the text field.
- Click the Verify button to check the API can be connected to. If it can be, you should receive a series of success messages.
- Click the Next button.
- In the Select Data screen you can optionally untick the boxes for any data values you don’t want to use.
- Click the Finish button to add the REST API as a source. You will return to the DS Editor main screen and can access the API data in Unreal.
Find out how to use behaviours to create data-driven objects
Last modified: May 25, 2021
Thanks for your feedback.