Allows movement along axis. Multiple translation behaviours can be applied to move an object in multiple axes at once e.g. if you have latitude, longitude and elevation fields in your data.
Step-by-Step: Translation setup
- Pre-requisite: You have added the component and set up the common behaviour parameters
- In the Details Panel, ensure the target component (e.g. static mesh) is set to movable in the Transform section.
- Click the DS BC Translation component
- XYZ: In the Data-Driven Behaviour section, select one or more axes X, Y or Z for the behaviour to translate along.
- Respect Starting Location: Additionally, you can set the behaviour to respect the object’s starting location as set manually in the editor. When ticked it will treat this as the baseline. When unticked it will use absolute world coordinates as the origin for translation.
Last modified: May 21, 2021
Thanks for your feedback.