Once you have set up an Azure Event Hub connection, Datasculpt provides a function to download data which the Hub stores as time series data and replay this data.
The Event Hub stored 1-30 days of data (user configurable), which is downloaded and turned into a log data source automatically and added to the data source window.
Step-by-Step: Getting Azure log data and converting into a replayable time series
- First create an Azure Data Source
- Click the Azure Event Hub data source in the DS Editor Data source window
- This will open a new screen showing three sections: Data Names, Data Tasks and Task Log.
- In the Data Tasks, click the Generate JSON Data button. The Task Log window will log success or failure messages. It may take some time if the log is large, so give it time to complete the task.
- This will download the last X days of data, where X is set by the Azure user in the Azure portal.
- Click the Back button to return to the main source screen. You will now see a new data source named according to the original source appended with the data of the download.
- This source can be used in the same way as any log data, and is accessible to Unreal via the usual Datasculpt behaviour components.
Find out how to use behaviours to create data-driven objects