The label is a data-driven text component which can be given a data source and value just like DS BC components. It can handle both number and string inputs allowing you to use data sources which serve up text, such as where instructions or descriptive states are included as a string field in the data.
- In the Datasculpt Content > Utility folder, drag the Label blueprint into the level in the desired location.
- In the details panel component hierarchy, click the DS_DataRequest (Inherited) component.
- Below that in the Data Sculpt section > Data Request Settings, click the + to add a data source.
- From the Data Source Name dropdown, select the desired data soruce.
- In the Data Names section below it, click the + once to add a data value.
- From the dropdown, select the data value name desired.
- The label should now display the selected data when played.
- The text properties can be altered, as a normal Unreal text component, by editing the TextRender (Inherited) component.
- The Label object can be parented to any other object including DS ones – this is a good way to deliver a data driven object which also has a label showing the data driving the objects spatial or material behaviour.